Installation problem

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
patelbhavin8008
Registered

I have installed soluteDNS module for testing. but after installation when i tried to accessed module admin from Addons >> SoluteDNS.. layout is nearly our to focus. full designing goes out, no template page is just like normal html suffes..
Daniel
Support

I'm sorry to hear you have trouble installing SoluteDNS.

What version are you trying to install?

Quick solution would probably be to rename dnssec.php to something else and retry to access the module.
patelbhavin8008
Registered

Hi,

I have tried on v.0.10
adriancostin
Registered

This happened to me as well. It seems there's a problem when SoluteDNS is not connected to the PDNS database (as the database is not yet configured.

Renaming the dnssec.php file, doing the config and then renaming it back fixed the problem and DNSSEC seems to be working fine afterwards.
Daniel
Support

Thanks for providing the extra information!
This issue has been logged in the tracker under:
Bug report #142 - License error and dnssec causing PHP fatal error

The issue is caused due to a license check point which avoids initiating the remote database. It seems dnssec.php still loads and tries to access the remote database causing a fatal PHP error as it has not been initiated.

The license check has moved to a higher code position to avoid this kind of trouble in the future. It will be implemented as for v0.1.1
patelbhavin8008
Registered

Hi,

Any update on resolution of problem
Daniel
Support

If you are not using dnssec you can remove the 'dnssec.php' file from the solutedns folder.

If you are using dnssec you can just rename the file to something else, and make sure your license is active. Afterwards you can rename it to the original file name.

Release v.0.1.1 will contain a permanent fix for this issue and will be released in the next 2 weeks.
patelbhavin8008
Registered

Hi,

Thanks for update. I was able to clear the problem and successfully installed Addon in system. Installation was without any error after following the guideline provided in previous post.

After installation i followed the configuration guide and tried to create one DNS only product. Actually i am looking for Hosted DNS service setup so i started with this Option and followed the guide given on website. I did all the changes required and given in guide as blew:

1. ‘Enable DNS Only‘ in Automation
2. DNS only field : Subscription ID
3. Product: DNS Manager (I have created on product group named: Hosted DNS in that created one product : DNS Manager as free product no rates nothing defied just as free product.)
4. Make necessary changes to clientareaproductdetails.tpl
5. Made necessary changes to clientareadomaindetails.tpl

And after this i did one self registration client and registered as using my own domain. But when i logged in client area i do not find any DNs management link. Attaching screen shot of the client area.

This is the fresh WHMCS installation ver: 5.2.14. It has been configured minimal, payment option configured is offline credit credit, no hosting plan configured, just only one product configured which is stated above for DNS.

Please help me to resolve issue and let me know if it also require some additional work from WHMCS site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel
Support

DNS only zones will appear under the product there registered on. So you will need to look at Services - > Product Details - > DNS Management instead.