solutdns wont activate

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
carlosx2
Registered

I have an odd issue, after i have used solutedns for months it just stopped working after i disabled it. When i tried to activate it again i got the following error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'ns0' for key 'setting'' in /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/modules/addons/solutedns/solutedns.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/modules/addons/solutedns/solutedns.php(0): PDO->query() #1 /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/admin/configaddonmods.php(0): solutedns_activate() #2 {main} Next exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'ns0' for key 'setting'' in /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php(0): WHMCS_Terminus::whmcsExceptionHandler() #1 [internal function]: WHMCS_Terminus->whmcsExceptionHandler(Object(PDOException)) #2 {main} thrown in /home/diploy2/public_html/portal/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php on line 0

It has already worked perfectly in the past.

What should i do to solve this?

Thanks
Daniel
Support

Thank you for contacting us.

This is caused by a bug in the MySQL query which is called after a previous activated installation is reactivated with stored settings.

Please follow the steps below to fix this issue without a patch:

Code: Select all

1. Login to your database and back-up the 'mod_solutedns' table.
2. Remove the 'mod_solutedns' table contents (empty table).
3. Activate SoluteDNS
To restore your old settings:

Code: Select all

4. Remove the newly created records in the 'mod_solutedns' table.
5. Import your back-up you have previously made.
You should now have a working installation. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you run into issues or having questions!
carlosx2
Registered

thanks for the fast reply.

I have one more questions. We are moving over our server, so we also had to setup a solutedns. We imported the database and all and updated the key to activate it. But we had to do this on an old version of solutedns that we still had on file.

Our old server which has to remain active runs the latest version of solutedns, the new server can't run the latest issue when we added it to the modules directory. It looks like it is not there, we can't activate it as we get after pushing activate a blank page.

Everything works fine with version 0.1.1-13016 but version 0.1.6-14006 won't run. In the old version there is not yet the button to auto update the script so that is also not a solution.

What have we done wrong with the moving of the old database?

Thanks.
Daniel
Support

Well you can only use the database of the installed version. If you are downgrading this can cause compatibility issues. You can find and download all releases from the project tracker and here at the forum at: http://forum.solutedns.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2