adding domains issue

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
carlosx2
Registered

I have coded a litle script to add domains to the database without using the whmcs order process, it all works perfectly only now i have noticed that you can create any zones as it the wizard is unresponsive and you see the text

Manage the DNS zone of your domain name or use the DNS Wizard to create new records.

Access denied!
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this zone!

Why can't the client create the manually by running the wizard? How can make it in a way that they can create their own zones without that the order route.

Thanks.
carlosx2
Registered

i just noticed that in all the other clients area i can't even get to the solutedns module which makes me think that it is somewhere blocked for clients to use it. I can only not find where the setting is to have it show up in the client area.
carlosx2
Registered

i just found that what i need is right there under this option index.php?m=solutedns. great to see you guys added that but it seems i did some double work.

Anyway don't need the help any more.

Thanks.
Daniel
Support

Standalone zone management was added a view version ago.

If you add an entry directly to the tbldomains database table it will indeed appear in WHMCS but SoluteDNS will not automatically create a zone for it causing it to be access denied for clients.

Unfortunate for the extra work you've done but happy to hear all problems are solved now!

You may also be interested in: http://forum.solutedns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45