Clientarea DNS width issue.

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
odine
Registered

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out here... Looking at the attached image in this post you can see the width of the solutedns module in the client DNS management area is just a tad bit too wide with my current theme...

IMAGE URL: http://oi60.tinypic.com/1zhqae.jpg

With that said how would I go about shrinking the width of say the TYPE TABLE DROPDOWN slightly.... (name, TYPE, content, prio, ttl, button)

Is it adjustable in a css menu? If not where about in clientareadnsmanager.tpl would i make said adjustment?
odine
Registered

Also please note, I have asked about this in the past, and was told the sizing/width is based on bootstrap (whmcs auto width sizing).... Hopefully there is a still a way to adjust the size of the TYPE table by a few pixels (give or take lol) to fix this :)
Daniel
Support

Well depending on the cause there different things you can do. It's all dependent on the CSS but you have multiple options like editing existing classes or adding classes to the template.

On most modern browser you can find in the right-click context menu a option like 'Inspect Element'. If you use this you would be able to select a curtain element like the type column. If selected it will display which CSS style rules are applied to the specific element and in which file this CSS code is located. You can even edit the CSS inline to see if certain changes fixes the issue. If it did you can make the changes to the CSS file to make it permanent.
odine
Registered

I'm aware of inspect elements, etc... My question (TLDR) was i wanna shrink the width of the TYPE DROPDOWN..

Is it clientareadnsmanager.tpl that would set that width? Or are you telling me its not possible to do this the way solutedns is currently programmed without EDITING CSS from the base WHMCS INSTALL?

I just need a fix to shrink that table width (very little as u can tell)..
Daniel
Support

Well to begin you should find out which CSS rule is causing the current dropdown width. If you have determined the cause you can take several measures depending on your requirements. This could be for example: editing the source CSS file or adding extra CSS to overrule the original source causing your width issue.

Files you should look for are:

Code: Select all

/css/client.css 
and

Code: Select all

/template/clientareadnsmanager.tpl