Blank TTL When adding records from admin

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
odine
Registered

I recently noticed that If within the solutedns admin area, if I add say an A record (any record seems to occur tho) everything I enter in transfers over when i click the add button, EXCEPT the TTL, it always changes to 0 even if its set at 3600.. Not sure if this was reported, but incase it wasnt....

Running 0.1.7 (15001)
odine
Registered

Just an UPDATE on this problem... I Noticed if you cursor into the TTL field and hit enter to add like that it works as it should!
Daniel
Support

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this behaviour. Which browser are you using?

You're sure it's the TTL field and not the Prio field? As the behaviour your describing is expected for the Prio field which is being reset to zero regardless the entry, for all record types which do not use a priority.
odine
Registered

Hmmmmm now that you mention it, im not easily reproducing it any longer either, will report back when i can get issue to reproduce itself again, it happened several times to me earlier tho lol....
Daniel
Support

Thanks for your update. If you encounter this again please do not hesitate to contact us!
odine
Registered

OK SO....

Figured out how to reproduce the problem, and I guess I was doing a million things at once yesterday, and simply didnt realize it but.......

This occurs when creating records for a template, not when editing a zone.... Pretty simple to reproduce... Make a new template, and start adding records, you will see the TTL Gets set to 0
Daniel
Support

Are you using the pre-set dropdown ttl field or text ttl field?

It does not seem to occur on our dev installation with the pre-set dropdown. I did notice the text field is disabled which should not happen.

SOA: enabled
record: disabled
add: disabled

should be:

SOA: disabled
record: disabled with enable on edit
add: enabled
odine
Registered

I have pre set ttl disabled, I have not tried to see if same issue occurs for me WITH IT ENABLED, but with it disabled it pretyt much happens 100% of the time
Daniel
Support

Thank you, I was able to reproduce this and have logged it under:

Code: Select all

Bug report #366  -     Template text TTL field is disabled