whmcs v6 not compatible with solutedns it seems

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
carlosx2
Registered

It seems that the solute dns page index.php?m=solutedns is not working in whmcs v6. I am getting a black page all of a sudden.

What is happening and how can solve this issues. Client's can't update or add any records by their self. In whmcs admin it is working however the tabs are gone and are showing as links under each other.

Can you tell how to solve this, or amy i the only one with this issue.
carlosx2
Registered

I have just found the problem

Fatal error: Call to a member function register_outputfilter() on a non-object in /modules/addons/solutedns/solutedns.php on line 0

I can't fix this as the files are decoded i can't do anything

I need some help here please.
Daniel
Support

The current released version of SoluteDNS is not compatible with WHMCS 6. We are working hard on our 0.2.x branch which is fully compatible with WHMCS 6. We believe the current release had to many issues in order to make it compatible with WHMCS 6. For this reason we have decided to push WHMCS 6 compatibility to the next branch which was planned anyway.

We expect to make the 0.2.x branch available within 2 months. We do our utmost to make the release as soon as possible as we understand everyone is eager to upgrade to WHMCS 6.

Also see: http://www.solutedns.com/blog/723/a-developers-update/
innovot
Registered

Daniel,

no pressure at all ;) but MG are about to release an update for their DNS Manager on WHMCSv6! Developer update was April 22nd and its now Jul14th so a little behind the couple of months window. Your product appears to be far superior, Blesta appears very behind WHMCS, for which I would have thought at least a new WHMCS version would be a better commercial offering viz unless Blesta are paying for development ;)

Thanks and awesome work being done.
Daniel
Support

Don't worry the WHMCS branch is currently our lead development branch. However one of the reasons to create a new branch was because we wanted to make our core intercompatible with multiple platforms as it would be vulnerable for us to bet on one horse.

As WHMCS 6 caused too many issues whit the current branch we decided to put our efforts in the future core instead. Nevertheless the 0.2.x development has our top priority within the resources we have available at this time.

We intend to release an alpha as soon as possible in order for our users to test the new branch with their installation and allowing us to resolve important bugs before we release the 0.2.x in beta.