Question about deveopment status

bady
Registered

Hello,

I saw in your dev tracker that you are planing a new version with changes on the API (#249) and CAA support. Is there a ETA for this?
Daniel
Support

The new branch we are working on introduces some big differences in the way SoluteDNS is organized. For this reason we plan to release the new branch in stages. We don’t have an hard ETA for this. We endeavour to have all stages finished before the end of this year. The first stage is upcoming but will not affect all packages we offer. If it will apply to you really depends on which feature set your require in SoluteDNS.

Keep an eye on our blog/social media for updates!
BlairPon
Registered

Hi Daniel, can you offer a recap on what's been done and what's still being worked on regarding this? I'd be so interested to read about it.
Daniel
Support

A big part is already published but does not effect the current WHMCS that much yet. Our new structure is based on the SoluteDNS Core which is an separate product and is/will be used for all our DNS products.

The Lite and Starter plans of the SoluteDNS for WHMCS module already have been replaced by the new Community Edition module. This is an open source module which utilises the SoluteDNS Core. In the past structure when you wanted to have a certain feature set you had to upgrade the amount of zones as well. In the new structure you can just upgrade or downgrade the zones of the SoluteDNS Core and separately choose which product (feature set) is best for you.

The Community Edition is Open Source and fully free and also shows how the SoluteDNS Core can be used for integration. The development options have improved greatly with the new Core. We are currently working on converting the existing WHMCS module we now call legacy module to our premium/ more featured solution. This module will have a static price where you purchase the amount of zones separately with the SoluteDNS Core. I currently do not have information about pricing and ETA’s for this part.

For information about the SoluteDNS Core an Community Eddition addon for WHMCS please see our website.
bady
Registered

Is there any news for the further development of SoluteDNS for WHMCS? At the present time, there is a standstill for the outsider, which is why I am considering changing the WHMCS module, which I would not like to do.
Daniel
Support

We are currently working on converting the last part of our solution which is the original SoluteDNS for WHMCS module to our new structure. In opposite of the Community Edition the SoluteDNS for WHMCS Standard and Premium plans will be included in the new (converted) Professional Edition.

Depending on your feature requirements, which can be compared here: https://www.solutedns.com/whmcs/legacy-module/compare/ you may meanwhile be interested in the Community Edition which already supports CAA records (as part of the SoluteDNS Core).