Override registrar's DNS management

SoluteDNS for WHMCS v2.xx.xxx and lower
gorip96
Registered

Hi

On the client area, how to override the registrar's DNS management addons?

For example, if my registrar provide addons for DNS management, when I'm going to clientareadomaindetails, the DNS management menu is configured to use their addons, which I believe was called by the hook.

How to override that, so I can get my client to use SoluteDNS instead of my registrar's DNS management

Thanks
Daniel
Support

SoluteDNS overwrites the clientareadomaintetails DNS management menu entry when an zone for this domain exists and is linked/assigned to the domain.

If there is no zone assigned to the domain in SoluteDNS and the registrar module supports DNS management the registrar module is used.

Please note this only works when you use the WHMCS automated menu structure as introduced in the Six Template.
gorip96
Registered

Hi

Yes I have entry of the zone, but still registrar's addons didn't get overwritten.
How to link / assign the domain/zone to SoluteDNS ?

Thanks
Daniel
Support

If SoluteDNS creates a zones this will be done automatically.

If you want to assign an existing zone you can just add a new zone in the admin. Add it as 'domain' or 'product' depending on your requirements. The existing zone will not be overwritten and will be assigned to the WHMCS domain/product client.

During setup the nameserver has been indexed to assign all zones to domains and if possible products. If you want to reinitiate this process you can do this by going to the nameserver settings page. If it shows an index option you can start the index process here. If it does not you can access this option by adding &index to the end of the url but before the # character.

Please note if another addon module tries to adapt the DNS Management menu entry the SoluteDNS entry may be overwritten. This should however not occur with the default DNS Management method of the WHMSC registrar modules.

A good sign to indicate the zone is assigned correctly is going to the clients DNS Management overview. If the domain is shown here it seems to be assigned correctly. Also note the DNS management option must be enabled in WHMCS.
gorip96
Registered

Hi Daniel
Please note if another addon module tries to adapt the DNS Management menu entry the SoluteDNS entry may be overwritten.
Yea, I think this is what happens on my system. Any workaround on this?

Thanks
Daniel
Support

Well in SoluteDNS please make sure the Client Menus in Settings -> Accessibility aren’t disabled.

The most easy way of testing is to change the registrar module name to another one in the WHMCS admin domain details to see if DNS Management now points to SoluteDNS in client area when using another registrar module.

If you suspect an module you could try to find if it uses the ClientAreaPrimarySidebar and ClientAreaPrimaryNavbar hook points. Otherwise try to temporarily disable the module to see if it makes any changes.
gorip96
Registered

Yes, the "Disable Management Menu" option is not enable

I try changing the domain registrar module to another registrar, the DNS management menu is now using the new registrar's DNS management module

And when I change the registrar to "none", or other registrar that doesn't provide DNS management addons, the DNS management is pointing to SoluteDNS

So seems SoluteDNS got the least priority, if other module is trying to occupy the DNS management menu on the Client Area Primary Sidebar

Thanks
Daniel
Support

Which registrar module are you using?

With the tested modules in our development area SoluteDNS always seems to have the upper hand.

Is there another addon module or hook point activated which manages menu entries?

Our upcoming release this week has an hook point which allows you to set the priority of the menu hooks called by SoluteDNS. Also for the purpose of overruling addons which may allow you to manage the menu entries more easily.

SoluteDNS has an function to redirect the clientarea.php?action=domaindns&domainid=x to the SoluteDNS page when an indexed domain has been detected. But as this neither seem to happen you might want to check your PHP error log to review if there might be an issue preventing the hooks to run.
gorip96
Registered

I have 2 addon module that manages menu entries

1. Resellerclub-mods
2. The addon module provided by one of the registrar in Indonesia

Hope I can try the new module, and see whether it can suit what I'm trying to achieve

I already turn on PHP debugging, and module debugging, and didn't see any errors

Thanks
Daniel
Support

The Resellerclub registery module included in WHMCS should work. I can’t comment for other attached (addon)modules for Resellerclub.

You can find more info about the new hook at: http://www.solutedns.com/documentation/hook-points/

Code: Select all

function SDNS_hook_ClientAreaMenuPriority() {

return array(
		'ClientAreaPrimarySidebar' => 2,
		'ClientAreaPrimaryNavbar' => 1
	);

}
The release of this function can be expected before the end of this week.